Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Podcast Review

Boiler Room

The Boiler Room podcast is a weekly release of a compilation of music from new and upcoming dubstep, trap, or electronic artist's. They bring together music from all over the country, and have actually accepted and signed one of my friends Hobbz. I really enjoy listening to this type of music because it makes me want to dance, and have a good time. Boiler Room brings well-made music into a beautifully orchestrated set ranging from half an hour to an hour and a half. These sets range in not only artist and their location, but also in their variety of music styles, and the pace and tone of their music. This variety is sweet, but its poison; it kills you to wait that week to hear it again ;) My personal favorites are RL Grime and the Salva Boiler Room LA set. Around 10 of these podcasts are downloaded onto my laptop because they're too big of files to put on my IPhone.


Low End Theory

I also subscribed to the Low End Theory podcast, which is the same concept at Boiler Room, except LET (Low End Theory) is much more underground music; its full of artists that would make hipsters go "You probably haven't heard of them". The Low End theory is actually them name of a club, where people will come to do live sets, which gets turned into a weekly podcast. LET also mixes in sets of very famous artists, and the tone and pace of the music changes drastically throughout the set. LET picks favorites, like Gaslamp Killer, who has been in the game for quite some time. He's one of my personal favorites, so I listened to episodes 19, and 21, because they're my favorites, and have the most variety and in my opinion, the better mixes. Again, this type of set belongs on a laptop because there is too much data for a MP3 device




No comments:

Post a Comment