Monday, April 14, 2014

Video Discription

The purpose of this video is to show me (Aiden) how to accurately and consistently make free throws. It will also give the guys some time to show off and do some tricks, and give me more pointers.


David-Today w’re in the Stannard Gym, I got a few of my teammates here, and we’re gonna show you some free throws and (routines)

(David introduces friends, being shotting, showing correct form, et ct.)

Jojo- How do you wanna shoot? Underhand or overhand?

Aiden- I wanna shoot overhand, like you guys do; Teach me so I’ll know what I’m doing

Jojo- Which is your dominant hand?
A-Umm. I guess my right…
Jojo-Okay, then put your left hand on the side of the ball to guide it, then place your right hand on top. Spread your fingertips, the throw should be all fingertips
A- So keep my elbows in, fingertips do all the work, feet spread, knees bent?
Jojo- Yeah, however feels more fluid…comfortable

(I shoot a bunch, finally get it)

Josh-Okay, so when I shoot, I walk up to the line, bounce the ball twice with his right, then shoots. (Keeps

D-When stepping up to the free-throw line, you always need to put in the most amount of effort; you can never think about missing, no one is perfect, so even if you miss, keep trying.
-I bounce the ball twice, spin it in my hands, then bring it around my back, then shoot

(David shoots)

D- Perfect way, square your back, plant your legs, keep your elbow in an L shape, ball resting on your palm, then squat, and shoot (extending your arm)

A- okay, so like this 
(insert bloopers, failed attempts, David & Friends Laughing)
(Finally makes the shot)

D- Okay Aiden, in order to free throw correctly you need to plant your feet shoulder width apart, knees bent, and loose; remember its all in the wrist

D-For free throws, always remember; elbow, legs, and follow through on your shot. Do that, and you’re good to go.


Persons Included; Josh Bosworth (Interviewed), David Johnson, Aiden Pichette, Trayvon Shirley, Jojo Woodruff (Free Throw Teacher)

No comments:

Post a Comment