Monday, March 24, 2014

IReport Assignment

1. Sign up for an account
2. Look around on the website and write a blog post telling us what you think about the site -- what you like, what you dislike, whether it is a good idea.

Signing up was difficult and the process itself seemed boring and cliché. However, I think iReport could be an amazing tool if utilized correctly.

As a college student, I often feel like I'm in a cocoon, surrounded by brick walls and lectures, where the affairs of the outside world don't concern me. The process of hunting out news and other information is hard; we may not know what to look for, or where even to start looking. If you don't know that there is a crisis in Russia, then you probably aren't going to want to look up Crimea's location or it's resources.

I think iReport has hope because it's almost like the Facebook of news, directed at teens in order to make news and journalism "hip". I think it's a swell idea, especially because people have been saying "Print is dying". Online journalism, and/or blogging, is one way to keep the printed word alive.

Although I find myself filled with hope about iReport, I must admit I was very confused by the whole page. It was too much little text, not enough explanation, or clear ways to save stories to your page. I would love more clarity, even a demo or a walk through, so I could better get my bearings.

I think, once mastered, iReport will soon become the next most popular social media site for teens to locate good, quality news and information.

Also, my personal favorite article :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment